Tuesday 28 September 2010

Creative & Media - Video Skills - Create a Music Video

Outcome 1 - Respond creatively to a piece of music
Outcome 2 - Plan and create visuals to match your creative interpretation of your music track
Outcome 3 - Plan, record and edit your visuals to correspond to your music track

I have decided to pick the track Know The Ledge by Eric B & Rakim to do my music video with. Out of all the pre-recorded tracks I had to choose from the list, this is the only one that I like. I like it because my favourite genre of music is hip-hop and I would listen to these sort of songs in my own time. The track inspires me because I like the artists and the genre of the track.
The artists DJ Eric B and MC Rakim are American songwriters/rappers. The duo were known to be one of the influential and innovative groups of the genre.They first started making music during the hip-hops golden age in the mid 1980's to the early 1990's. The duo recorded their debut album Paid in Full in just one week at Power Play Studios in New York. This album was released July 7th 1987. The album came number 58 on the American Billboard 200 chart. from this album they produced 5 singles which all peaked highish in the US R&B chart. The two had a potent chemistry and each represented the height of innovation in their respective roles: Rakim was the master lyricist, an innovative talent who pushed the art of hip hop lyricism to new creative heights with his use of internal rhyme, sophisticated metaphors, and with a methodical-yet-effortless delivery; the duo's beats built on the hard-hitting sound of Run-D.M.C. by adding James Brown samples and Eric B's extensive scratching skills, setting the stage for hip hop's late-1980s/early-1990s infatuation with samples from the Godfather of Soul.
This track that I have chosen was orignally released on the soundtrack for the 1992 crime drama film Juice which stars rapper Tupac and Omar Epps. It was also a single which was released from the duo's album Sweat the Technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment